France 24 releases nodeselect code!
Nodeselect is a module developed by Vincent Caillerez for France24. I've "extracted it" from the france24 site source code and i'm now in charge of the module.
This module was created to improve the nodereference CCK fields.
This field only searches by title, and performs a search for each letter that the user types.
The module runs a quick search engine. The user can filter node by title, creation date, status.
Then they can drag and drop the node into a nodereference field and change the order of the field (for multiple value fields).
This module doesn't change the database, or create a new content type. It only changes the interface.
- Place this module directory in your modules folder (this will usually be "sites/all/modules/").
- Enable the module.
- Activate the bloc "Moteur de recherche NodeSelect".
- Select the cck field nodereference which has to be modified by the module (in the nodeselect settings).
We haven't released this module on drupal.org yet because it's not complete.
But we really want to, so we need your help.
- Prepare the module to be released on http://drupal.org
- Complete and translate the documentation in english.
- Try out the drupal search engine.
- Give users other things that will be able to be customized in the settings.
Play around with the module: http://demos.lab.france24.com
You can download a version of the source code (see attachment).
We will soon put this code on a public svn so everybody can help us before we move the module onto http://drupal.org